Welcome to my blog. When I was first diagnosed with kidney failure and learned I could qualify for a kidney
and pancreas transplant, I scoured the internet for information and didn't come up with much. This is a big step
for me; I'm pretty reserved naturally and most people who know me are not aware of my medical conditions.
So, here's my experience…read, follow, comment, share…support me in turning over this new leaf.

(If this is your first visit and you'd like to read the events in order, click here to start at the beginning.)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 2 Post-Op


The doctors tell me everything went great with the surgery, and both kidney and pancreas are already functioning well. The pancreas is the big surprise; my body has not made insulin in more than 22 years, but my blood sugars are controlled completely WITHOUT MEDICATION already. The kidney is also doing its job. My creatinine levels have dropped 3 points already. I am impressed. 
 

NG (Naso Gastric) tube
The surgeon tells me I'm doing so well, he's going to remove the ng tube. He tells me to take a deep breath, and exhale really big on his count. Ouch! But it's out. I feel the scratchy, rawness of my throat but it's worth it to have the tube out. I'm grateful and hoping the nausea will go away.

 
I walk 5 times today. And I sleep like 20 times. I am in awe of how much pain I feel and how tired I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment