Welcome to my blog. When I was first diagnosed with kidney failure and learned I could qualify for a kidney
and pancreas transplant, I scoured the internet for information and didn't come up with much. This is a big step
for me; I'm pretty reserved naturally and most people who know me are not aware of my medical conditions.
So, here's my experience…read, follow, comment, share…support me in turning over this new leaf.

(If this is your first visit and you'd like to read the events in order, click here to start at the beginning.)

Monday, October 15, 2012

Catheter Revision and Good News :)

I had PD catheter revision surgery.  The surgeon let me know that omentum(fatty tissue) had formed over the end of my catheter and was completely blocking access into my peritoneum.  He removed it, cleaned it out, and moved the catheter to a more optimal location.

After about 3 weeks of hemo, the PD catheter is ready to go. And it works great.  Only now, it really hurts when the cycler drains, like it wakes me and I double over kind of hurt. My nurse believes its because of the new location and changes my cycler program to tidal(it only completely drains and the beginning and end instead of 5 times),  This helps - now I only have double over pain twice a night instead of 5 times…This sounds sarcastic, but it is so much better.  The machine barely alarms, I sleep through the night mostly…I am pleased.

More good news: I get the hemo cath removed and my chest starts to heal again - there is light at the end of the tunnel

More good news: I have been called twice as secondary recipient for kidney-pancreas organs.  Both times it didn't work out for me; it went to the primary recipient, but this means I must be near the top of the list.  I've got to be sure to answer my phone EVERY time it rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment